analytics

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

GNC Hair Skin & Nails Formula and Hair Growth

I've always found it difficult and time-consuming to grow out my hair. If it's not long, it's thin, it's breaking off, it's dull, flat, and every little nitpicky annoyance you can imagine.But mostly slow-growing.

I've been looking up hair supplements for a long time, as I do believe it is actually possible to speed up the hair growth process. Many official sources say it's impossible, but if you're increasing your overall intake of vitamins and minerals, isn't it highly probable that cell repair and increased cell turnover will take place in your hair follicles as well?

So I've decided to try GNC's Hair Skin & Nails Formula. Below is the brief outline of the main ingredients that most benefit hair, skin, and nails:

GNC Hair, Skin & Nails Formula
Supports Beauty From Within

* 3000 mcg of biotin to support healthy hair, skin and nails
* Lutein for healthy skin hydration
* Gelatin and amino acids for strong, healthy nails
* Antioxidants to fight cell aging


Biotin is the key ingredient I'm hoping will make my hair grow in thicker and faster. According to GNC, it is purported to support "normal cell growth in the hair, skin and nails matrix. Biotin is an essential vitamin known to promote beautiful hair, skin and nails."

I'm starting a daily dose of 3000 mcg as some people experience bouts of cystic acne when taking biotin supplements. I'll counter that potential with increased water intake and nightly applications of Differin. I started last Sunday the 26th, and at 120 capsules per day will have enough for 2 months, which is enough time to gague any benefits.

Along with Hair Skin & Nails, I'm taking fish oil and Vitamin C, and hope to add a B-complex to balance the body's absorption of biotin (as it is a b vitamin), and MSM, which has the benefit of extending the anagen (growth) phase of the hair.

Seems like an almost daunting amount of pill popping, but I'm pretty desperate to grow out my hair faster than its usual rate (which I think is less than the average 1/2 inch a month). However, if I get increased thickness only, I'll still be happy. Fingers crossed that I get either without the negative skin effects!

In other news, school is finally done! Though I start summer school in a week, so I'll still be busy and not dedicated to this blog. I need to change this while I have the motivation to do so :)

No comments:

Post a Comment